The Friends of the Village Library celebrates the library as a vital and essential community resource. The Friends raise funds to enhance the library and its collections, advocate for the library, encourage library use by people of all ages, and sponsor programs for adults and children.
The Friends' Sunday Afternoon Program Committee arranges talks and panels during the months from September through April. There is no program during the month of December.
For additional information on Sunday Afternoon Programs, call Hilda Wilcox, Friends of the Village Library Program Chair, +1 6O7
Note: There will be no program in December.
- September 8—Ina Jones, author of A FINAL WINE and poet
- October 20—Ginnah Howard, Gilbertsville, author
of NIGHT NAVIGATION, reads from and discusses
her new novel DOING TIME OUTSIDE
- November 10—panel on SUCCESSFUL AGING: Claire
Beetlestone, M.D. moderator; Walter vom Saal,
psychologist, author of a book on retirement, SUNY
professor emeritus; Carol Beechy, M.D.; Katherine
Walters, instructor, Clark Sports Center.
- January 12—Paul Conway, Political Science emeritus professor, discusses QUESTIONS ABOUT COURAGE RAISED by RESEARCH IN RUWANDA &
- February 9—panel on ENERGY-WISE OTSEGO WORKSHOP ON HOME ENERGY EFFICIENCY:
Martha Clarvoe, OCCA special projects manager; John Carrigan, Opportunities for Otsego Energy Services Coordinator; Karen Sullivan, Planning Director, Otsego
- March 9—panel on BUDDHISM THROUGH LOCAL EYES: Sandy Huntington, Professor, Chair of Religious Studies at Hartwick College; Elizabeth Huntington, poet, practicing Buddhist, SUNY professor; Doris Motta, chair of the steering committee of
the Cooperstown Meditation Center.
- April 27—panel on GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE:
Cary Brunswick, freelance writer and editor, former
managing editor of the Daily Star; Sugwon Kang,
Professor emeritus of Political Science at Hartwick
College; Adrian Kuzminski, author, moderator of Sustainable Otsego.